For the first time ever, the 3rd International Conference on Food Design (February 17-18, 2017) offered an opportunity for the worldwide Food Design community to virtually meet, mingle and share research and projects. The 3rd International Conference on Food Design was the first completely virtual and completely free conference for academics, professionals, and industries.
The 3rd International Conference on Food Design follows the Second International Conference on Food Design (New York, 2015), and the First International Conference on Designing Food and Designing For Food (London, 2012), but this time, we went VIRTUAL!
The conference also hosts the first ever Virtual Food Design Exhibition, which opened on February 17, 2017, and which will remain open forever.
This is the list of presentations and Keynotes which are now all available on the conference website.
Welcome – Dr Francesca Zampollo
- Watch Dilemma-Driven Food Design – Dr Deger Ozkaramanli from University of Liverpool
- Watch The Magic of Grandmather’s food stories – Jonas Pariente from Grandmas Project
- Watch Between Critical Food Design and Food Poetry – Ludovico Pensato and Alessandra Ivul from Panem et Circenses
- Watch How food design can be used as a communication tool between people and for companies – Léa Bougeault and Aude Laznowski from Miit
- The taste of the sound or the sound of the taste? How sounding packaging influence food perception – Beatrice Lerma, Doriana Dal Palu’, and Eleonora Buiatti
- Solo Dining: Rethinking Solitary Lifestyle of City Dwellers – Emily Cheng
- Designing Gender: Masculinity and Food Packaging – Emily Contois
- Futureproof your food: healthy snacking brand design for success at shelf and beyond – Liza Murphy
- Using Molecular Gastronomy for Good – Annet Hoek and Vitish Guddoy
- CHIL-DISH project – Kristos Mavrostomos and Anna van der Lei
- Adapting design practices for local food markets – Alexandra dos Santos and Joana Lessa
- Curious Cuisine – Bringing Culinary Creativity Home – Júlia Nacsa
- Sensory tasting Creative S(ol)UCTIONS – Ivana Carmen Mottola
- Slow Tofu – Weiwei Wang