Here is a list of books on Food Design.
- Let’s Food Design: 7 steps to become a food designer
by Francesca Zampollo, Ph.D
- Food Design by Katja Gruijters
by Katja Gruijters
- Eat Out! Restaurant Design and Experiences
- Food Inspires Design
Text by Francesca Zampollo and others. Published on the occasion of Grandma’s Design
- Experimenta 67/68. Food Design
Issue on Food Design, with articles from: Francesca Zampollo, Stefano Maffei and many others.
- Inspired Bites: Unexpected Ideas for Entertaining from Pinch Food Design by
- Experimental Eating
Edited by Thomas Howells and Leanne Hoyman. Black Dog Publishing Limited, 2014.
- Junk Foodie
by Emilie Baltz published by: Adams Media, 2010
- Food Design. La trasversalita’ del pensiero progettuale nella cultura alimentare
by Andrea Lupacchini. Published by: LIST Lab Laboratorio, 2014
- Pane e Design. Le ricette dei designer
Introduzione di Davide Longoni. Published by: Editrice Compositori, 2013
- Progetto Cibo. La forma del gusto
A cura di Beppe Finessi. Published by: Electa, 2013
- Eat Design
by Sonja Stummerer and Martin Hablesreiter
- Eat Me. Appetite for Design
by Viction workshop Ltd
by Stefano Maffei and Barbara Parini
- Eat Love
by Marije Vogelzang
- food design XL
by Sonja Stummerer and Martin Hablesreiter
- CrEATe: Eating, Design and Future Food
by Martin Raymond and Chris Sanderson
- Food by Design
Concept by Jump/Antonio G. Gardoni
- Food: Design and Culture
Edited by Claire Cattedall
- Food For Thoughts. Thoughts For Food
Edited by Richard Hamilton and Vicente Todoli
books useful to the understanding of Food Design
- Food & Philosophy: eat think and be merry
Edited by Allhoff Fritz and Monroe Dave
- Making Sense of Taste: Food and Philosophy
by Carolyn Korsmeyer
- The Physiology of Taste
by Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
- Dimensions of the Meal
by Edited by Herbert L. Meiselman
- Cooking: The Quintessential Art
by Hervé This and Pierre Gagnaire.
articles useful to the understanding of Food Design
- Zampollo, F. Peacock, M. (2016), Food Design Thinking: a branch of Design Thinking specific to Food Design, The Journal of Creative Behavior, Vol. 50, Iss. 3, pp. 203–210. Available Here.
- Zampollo, F. (2015), Food Design for Business. Paper presented at the Design For Business conference, Melbourne, May 2015. Available HERE.
- Zampollo, F. (2014), TED, a Design method for meaningful Eating Design. Available HERE.
- Zampollo, F. (2013), Towards a sub-categorization of the Food Design aspects: a Food Design wheel. Available HERE.
- Zampollo, F. (2016). Welcome to Food Design (Editorial). International Journal of Food Design, 1(1), 3-9.
- Wrigley, C. and Ramsey, R. (2016), Emotional food design: From designing food products to designing food systems, International Journal of Food Design, 1(1), 11–28.
- Braun, M.H., Pradana, G.A., Buchanan, G., Cheok, A.D., Velasco, C., Spence, C., Aduriz, A.L., Gross, J. and LAsa, D. (2016). Emotional priming of digital images through mobile telesmell and virtual food, International Journal of Food Design, 1(1), 29-45.
- van Melle, G. (2016), Shaping and sharing edible sound: A case study, International Journal of Food Design, 1: 1, 47–64.
- Zampollo, F. (2016). The wonderful world of Food Design, a conversation with Marije Vogelzang (Interview. International Journal of Food Design, 1(1), 65-71.
Journal (Special Issue): HOSPITALITY AND SOCIETY Volume 3, Issue 3, 2013
- Zampollo, F. (2013). Food and Design: Space, Place and Experience (Editorial). Hospitality and Society, 3(3), 181-187.
- Mand, H.N., & Cilliers, S. (2013). Hospitable urban spaces and diversity. Hospitality and Society, 3(3), 211-228.
- Mitchell, R., Woodhouse, A., Heptinstall, T., & Camp, J. (2013). Why use design methodology in culinary arts education? Hospitality and Society, 3(3), 239-260.
- Renda, G., & Kuys, B. (2013). Design for disability: Industrial design-led interventions for assistive cutlery.Hospitality and Society, 3(3), 229-237.
- Olsen Tvedebrink, T.D., Fisker, A.M., & Kirkegaard, P.H. (2013). Architectural theatricality: A food design perspective in hospitality studies. Hospitality and Society, 3(3), 189-210.
articles on Food Aesthetic
- Korsmeyer, C. (2002). Delightful, Delicious, Disgusting. The Journal od Aesthetic and Art Criticism, 60(3), 217-225.
- Sweeney, K. W. (2007). Can a Soup Be Beautiful? The Rise of Gastronomy and the Aesthetic of Food. In F. Allhoff & D. Monroe (Eds.), Food & Philosophy: eat, think and be merry. Malden, MA, USA: Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
articles on Food Psychology
- Zampollo, F., Wansink, B., Kniffin, K.M., Shimizu, M., Omori, A. (2012). Looks Good Enough to Eat: How Food Plating Preferences Differ Across Cultures and Continents. Cross Cultural Research. 46(1).
- Zampollo, F., Wansink, B., Kniffin, K.M., Shimizu, M. (2012). Food Plating Preferences of Children: the Importance of Presentation on Desire for Diversity. Acta Pediatrica. 101(1), 61-66.
- Hoch, S. J., Bradlow, E. T., & Wansink, B. (1999). The variety of an assortment. Marketing Science, 18(4), 527-546.
- Wansink, B., & Cheney, M. M. (2005). Super bowls: Serving bowl size and food consumption. Jama-Journal of the American Medical Association, 293(14), 1727-1728.
- Wansink, B., Painter, J., & Ittersum, K. v. (2001). Descriptive menu labels’ effect on sales. Cornell hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 42(6), 68-72.
- Wansink, B., van Ittersum, K., & Painter, J. E. (2005). How descriptive food names bias sensory perceptions in restaurants. Food Quality & Preference, 16, 393-400.
- Sobal, J., and Wansink, B. (2007). Kitchenscapes, tablescapes, platescapes, and foodscapes – Influences of microscale built environments on food intake. Environment and Behaviour, 39 (1), 124-142.
articles on the Eating Experience
- Edwards, J. S. A., & Gustafsson, I. B. (2008). The Five Aspects Meal Model. Paper presented at the First international PhD conference – rationale and background, Orebro University, Sweden, 02-06 June 2007.
- Edwards, J. S. A., & Gustafsson, I. B. (2008). The room and atmosphere as aspects of the meal: a review. Paper presented at the First international PhD conference – rationale and background, Orebro University, Sweden, 02-06 June 2007.
- Macht, M., Meininger, J., & Roth, J. (2005). The pleasure of eating: a qualitative analysis. Journal of Happiness Studies, 6, 137-160.
- Satterfield, D., Sunghyun, K., Baer, R., & Ladjahasan, N. (2008). Food as Experience. A design and Evaluation Methodology. Paper presented at the Design Research Siciety Biennal Conference, Sheffield UK.
To suggest a book or an article please write using the Contact form. Thank you!